A postcard finally sent



It's a tough job to keep up with the logistics while finishing a diploma project, I've realized. Today I found this postcard, supposed to be sent months ago. It's a snapshot from my light + H2O-lab video session in the beginning of march 2011. Even though it's not so long ago, it actually feels like ages. There has been a lot of water under the table since, so to say.

Those dark winter days and nights in and around the workshop/mock-up space at the school was sure challenging, demanding both discipline and play, physical strenght and mental clairvoyance. Looking back on it now, I think that's where the foundation of my diploma project was solidified, and it sure was a substantial platform of raw concrete to both build upon, but also an anchor to hold on to while going through storms.

However, right now the same very models are actually back in the mock-up space, after a few months of drifting around in the schoool, waiting to be exhibited in the exhibition space nearby in a few days.

I'm looking forward to catch up with you people at the SPS soon again. I DO want to sit around a table with you before the world goes bananas.

Best Regards,
Jakob

No comments:

Post a Comment